Wednesday, June 3, 2015

First-timer

It's been a while now that I've wanted to start a blog, but I always felt kind of inadequate: my DIY skills are nonexistent, I can't sew to save my life, and as far as cooking goes - well, that's why I live with my boyfriend, amiright? (I do cut a mean salad, though.)
So even though I really wanted to simply write about stuff that happens to me and my life in general, I felt like that's somehow not enough, despite the fact that originally that's exactly what blogs were - private journals displayed publicly.
That was true until I recently stumbled upon a blogger who basically does exactly what I want - writes about her life and herself. Granted, this comes with some pictures of beautiful dresses and snapshots of her house, but that's not the main issue of her blog. So that's when I realized that it is okay to blog that way (totally the slogan of this blog!) and I finally started this little project.
Now, truth be told, I'm still not really sure how to do it or what a first post should be like, but since it's been less than a year since I got out of university (by the way, the lack of indentation on this is killing me), I will adhere to the formula that has worked so well for three years, and begin with an introduction of sorts. Introducing myself, I mean.

This is me! At an Arctic Monkeys concert, and not just randomly and obsessively holding t-shirts of them

I am 26 and living in Tel Aviv, a city I love simply being in, but can't really compare to anything else since I've always lived here. I am (relatively) fresh out of university, and I spend my days working, reading and catching up on A LOT of TV shows with my boyfriend. We also have a cat, and I will be sure to share pictures of both the cat and the boyfriend, should they allow it.
I also plan on sharing some other pictures, but among my list of accomplishments-I-have-yet-to-accomplish is photography. So don't expect great quality or anything, and try to simply be satisfied with my creativity instead (more on my habit to downplay myself, NEXT!).
I do have to say that for me this is one of the hardest things to do. Although I am definitely a word person, I find it SO HARD to let other people read what I wrote. I mean, knowing that another person is reading what I wrote, or worse - watching them read it, seriously makes me cringe. I know it seems to conflict with my strong desire to start a blog, but - well, that's just life for you, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment